All About Part-time Diploma In Engineering For Intermediate Students
“Should I go with an engineering degree or an ITI diploma after completing my intermediate?” Most engineering aspirants often get confused between the two. You too would want to get a part-time engineering diploma after intermediate, but can’t seem to make up your mind? Here’s why you should.
· You can kick start your career early with a diploma and acquire a degree to update your academic portfolio.
· If you’re sure about your field and want to acquire all the technical information about it, then a diploma is preferable to a degree.
· A part-time engineering diploma is a cost-effective alternative to a 4-year full-time, on-campus B.Tech. degree.
· An engineering diploma allows you to acquire the skills and competency required for technical roles in the industry.
· It lets you avoid a gap year when preparing for competitive exams.
The Scope Of A Part-time Engineering Diploma After Intermediate
A diploma from a recognized Indian university is accepted in all MNCs and government organizations. After its completion, you can apply for the roles of technician, engineer, IT or tech assistant, officer, clerk, etc., in most government organizations like DRDO, IPCL, ONGC, GAIL, BHEL, Indian Railways, and many PSUs, etc.
The Course Structure
If you're planning to finish your education alongside work, you could go with the online WILP or 'Work Integrated Learning Programme'. This part-time engineering diploma after intermediate is recognized by the government. It includes five semesters of online classes (conducted after business hours on weekdays or the weekends) and an internship (project work + dissertation) in the final semester in the industry. The classes, exams, assignment submissions, and student assessments are conducted online by the faculty of the university you enroll in. You can choose from any of the renowned disciplines.
- · Civil engineering
- · Electrical engineering
- · Electronics engineering
- · Mechanical engineering
- · Computer science engineering
- · Refrigeration & air conditioning
What Is The Eligibility Criteria?
You need to be a working professional with a minimum of one year of experience in an engineering job at ITI and have at least 45% marks (or its equivalent grade) in the intermediate.
Do I Need To Clear Any Entrance Exams?
No. Most universities accept intermediate results and don't conduct any exams for ITI professionals.
Why Is It Convenient For Students To Get An Online Part-time Engineering Diploma After Intermediate?
- · Access to both pre-recorded lecture videos and live classes
- · Availability of a wide range of educational resources (open source and multimedia tutorials)
- · Online mentoring by the best industry experts
- · Peer-to-peer, collaborative, experiential, and flipped learning
- · Continuous assessments
- · Flexible schedule
- · Opportunity to simultaneously build your work portfolio
What Is The Fee For A Part-time Engineering Diploma?
Students usually need to pay less than Rs. 25,000 per semester for an online, part-time diploma course.
Where Do I Get A Government-recognized Engineering Diploma?
Mangalayatan University, which was founded in 2006 in the Delhi-NCR region, is a renowned university offering government-recognized part-time engineering diploma and degree courses in all the aforementioned disciplines. With a record of making education accessible to over 3000+ students since its inception, it is one of the best institutions for engineering professionals. Read more about the admission process for diploma courses at Mangalayatan University.